The KCA's were Saturday night, and celebrities of a shapes and sizes showed up to UCLA's Pauley Pavilion to celebrate the best in tween entertainment. Did your favorites win?
First to discuss: STYLE
The guys:



- The Jonases showed up in their usual award show attire; an arrangment of v-necks, ties and bowties. Nick Jonas' tan suit fits the California summer vibe the KCA's try to go for, but Joe looks too gray and Kevin looks like a mob boss.
- Justin showed up looking fresh, dressed up in black with neon green kicks to add some flair. Sharp and cool, Bieber is obviously getting some good tips from his "swagger coach".
- Lautner wore a casual suit jacket, v-neck and faded black pants. He sported a "first date" sort of look - dressy, but not excessively formal. Perfect for a kid's awards ceremony.
The Girls:


- I'm sorry, but what was Katy Perry thinking?! She looks like a bedazzled peacock.
- Demi, on the other hand, found an outfit to remind fans just how hot she is. The KCA's are, however, meant to be a summery, family affair. Demi looks great in black, but maybe next time, add some color!
- Selena looked cute in yellow, and her dress worked well as both an awards ceremony outfit and a reminder that summer is indeed approaching (Thank God!). I'm not a fan of yellow, but Selena rocked it quite well.
Now on to the PERFORMANCES...

Miranda Crosgrove performed live for the first time ever. Unfortunately, she didn't actually sing a majority of the song. Either that Nickelodeon lagged during her performance. A lot. I don't think that's what happened though, as her performance is note-by-note exactly like the studio version of the song.

Justin Bieber sang his hit song "Baby" (which, despite my initial hatred towards its lyrically boring chorus, I must admit I am starting to really like). I can't tell if he just lip-synched the whole song or actually sang it... if it is the latter, I am thoroughly impressed with his live singing abilities. He even rapped Ludacris' part. It was a little "tiny white boy trying to establish street cred," but at least he didn't fumble over the words like I do when I sing along with the song on the radio.

Rihanna dressed up like a gothic Prom Queen and performed Hard, Rude Boy, and Don't Stop the Music. Her whole performance was reminiscient of a Lady Gaga awards show performance -
the dancing robots on both sides of her and her bizarre outfit distracted me from the music.
Steve Says Best Performance goes to Justin Bieber.
Now on to the actual AWARDS themselves.
My thoughts on the results -
- Jacob and Bella of Twilight won Cutest Couple! As a major Team Jacob supporter, I highly approve. I'm not sure I love the chemistry between Lautner (who is the perfect Jacob) and Stewart (whose Bella is void of all emotion and vocal inflection), but I'll take whatever Team Jacob victory I can get.
- Dylan Sprouse won Favorite TV Actor over his brother, Cole, and Nick and Joe Jonas. I can't tell which Sprouse twin is which, but I have to say that Joe, in my opinion, is the better actor. His over-the-top naiive but romantic Joe Lucas on JONAS is fun to watch, as was his portrayal of bad boy Shane in Camp Rock. Nick will always be my favorite Jonas, but the boy has to lighten up on camera.
- The Black Eyed Peas ended the Jonas Brother's two-year reign as KCA's Favorite Music Group. I do not know how this happened. Sure, I Gotta Feeling was the song of the summer, but have you heard Black Eyed Peas live?! Not good. The Jonai, or at least Coldplay, another nominee, should have won this category.
- T-Swift won Favorite Female Singer. Again... remember the last time she sang at an awards ceremony? The girl may be tone deaf. But, I'm okay with this one, because she was going up against Miley and Lady Gaga. They win too often. Well, so does Taylor, but she seems alot more grounded than her fellow nominees.
- The Twilight series is apparently dying down in terms of popularity… Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel won Favorite Movie over Twilight: New Moon. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series beat out the Twilight series for Favorite Book. Vampires may never die, but it seems the frenzy surrounding them may be dying down!
Overall, this year's KCA's were filled with some surprises. Did your favorites win? What did you think about the outfits you saw the celebs sporting on the orange carpet?
No comments:
Post a Comment